Thursday, September 19, 2013

Tekin and Mikey Bustamante recap Round 5 of the Top Notch Series!

Tekin factory driver Mikey Bustamante recaps the TNS Rd #5  at Pegasus Hobbies

"Round #5  of the Top Notch Series hosted at Pegasus was a blast. I qualified 2nd in stadium truck, 4th in mod sct and I was able to snag the TQ over TLR teammate Frank Root by 3 tenths.

When the mains came around I was ready. In truck I had a good start and was able to get the lead. Second place was coming quick but a mistake caused him to break giving me tons of breathing room to take the win.


Pro 2 was one of the gnarliest battles I have ever had. Starting 4th I knew it was going to be tight. I got hit on one of the first laps and fell back to 6th. I was driving very hard as my car was dialed and got back up to 4th and made an aggressive pass on 3rd and 2nd place in the same corner taking over the second position! At this point Frank Root had a commanding lead and there was not enough time to catch back up so i had to settle for second.


I was very confident in mod buggy. The start was good leading the first lap. Root was right on my tail and bumped me in a corner flipping me over. I fell to third but wasn't going to give up yet. I caught up to Root and we tangled again giving the leader a very large lead. I finally got by Root and started charging for the leader. Withing the last 3 laps the gap went from 4 seconds to less than a second. If I had one more lap I could have made a pass for the lead. Unfortunately I ran out of time at the line.


My cars were on point all weekend! My Tekin Redline Gen2 motors and RS Gen2 speedos were great." Mikey Bustamante

No comments:

Post a Comment